Welcome to 2011 everyone! I don’t know about you, but the view is great from here!
I know everyone with a blog is putting out what their resolutions are for 2011, so I won’t do that.
What I will do instead is give you an idea of what I will be doing this year regarding my writing. These aren’t resolutions, these are hard solid facts that I know I will accomplish (plus, all my resolutions are personal and boring and you don’t need to be bothered with those).
1. Finish writing my YA zombie novel! Yep, I am writing a Young Adult zombie novel and I’m one chapter away from being done. I’ll have that finished and polished up for submission to agents by mid-January. Will I podcast it? That depends on the publishing contract. I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. I’ll keep y’all posted!
2. Finalize THE AMERICANS! I have the first draft done and some great notes from my fact checkers. I’ll finish this up when I’m done with the YA novel. Then I’ll start recording, editing and putting out podcast episodes. I’m not as worried about finding a publisher for this as the YA novel, so that’s why I’m podcasting right away. Plus, y’all deserve a new Jake Bible audiobook, don’t ya think?
3. Finish writing the DEAD MECH trilogy! I am only one book away from ending the DEAD MECH trilogy. There are gonna be a few surprises in store for y’all in 2011 so hang on tight! Muwahahahahaha!!!
4. Start the next novel! I have a few ideas for novels ready to go. It really is just a matter of deciding which one to go for. I have more zombie goodness, I have a cool urban fantasy that was born out of a short story I wrote, I have another post-apocalyptic novel planned. What to write, what to write… It will probably be dictated by my success with the YA novel and DEAD MECH. Only time will tell!
5. Finish my zombie novella and put out a collection! I have a great novella I am writing that is a cool twist on the zombie genre. I plan on including this with some of my short fiction into a collection. I may search for a publisher or release it myself. We shall see!
6. Try to keep up with the industry! 2010 was one crazy year for publishing! I’m guessing 2011 will be even crazier. Once again, only time will tell.
Is there more going on this year? Yes, of course. The above are just a few goals I know I will be able to accomplish. I hope to do more and I hope to have a ton of good news for everyone.
Dare I say it?
Only time will tell. 😉
Cheers y’all and Happy New Year!